About Me

My photo
My heart beats for love. I want to be different. I want to be who I am called to be. WORTHY and LOVED!

Thursday, July 24, 2008

Radio

As I was driving home from camp last evening, I was in the boy's car, which is cd player-less, so I listened to the radio to keep awake. Wow. I was shocked. It seemed like every song was about shallowly loving someone, although I'm sure many would see physical attraction as it is portrayed in these songs as a sign of lasting commitment and depth. And most of the ads were about making ourselves better. Fix your boobs. Find your perfect mate. This makeup can take away years. Or my personal favorite, become a millionaire by doing nothing, because you deserve it. There was not one ad that said anything about thinking about anyone other then yourself, and if we are really lucky, our immediate family. When will we start to see that our worth doesn't lie in the worldly, but in the Godly?

No comments: