About Me

My photo
My heart beats for love. I want to be different. I want to be who I am called to be. WORTHY and LOVED!

Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Word of God Speak

"Our Great Physician,
Your Word is like alcohol. 
When poured on infected wounds,
it burns and stings.,
but only then can it kill the germs.
If it doesn't burn, then it doesn't do any good."
- Prayer from the mountain people of Haiti

These words ring so clear and true to me. The Word of the Lord should challenge us, as he molds us into who we are to be. Yet, all too often we don't treat the scripture with enough reverence and respect. We don't come to it to cleanse us, heal us, feed us. We come to fulfill our daily quota, to be perceived as a good person. Who are we kidding? God knows our heart.

So may you come to the scriptures search and seeking for God to speak. Pray through the scripture. Let them reveal the darkness in your soul. Let God break you open and pour his cleansing words into you, and let them take over you. To make you into the image of Christ. 

No comments: