About Me

My photo
My heart beats for love. I want to be different. I want to be who I am called to be. WORTHY and LOVED!

Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Steadfast Love

Have you ever taken time to dwell on what it means to have a God who is intimately in love with us? A God who's "steadfast love endures forever." (Psalm 136). 

No human has the capacity to have steadfast love. There are people I love in my life and I treasure them dearly, but sometimes I fail to love them the way they deserve to be loved. And sometimes I can't fully express to them the love I have towards each of them. And sometimes I can't feel their love towards me, making me feel deserted and lonely. 

But the love that God has for each of us is steadfast. Unchanging. Constantly calling us to himself, wanting us to put down our guards and throw out our ideas of what God should be doing for us or what love should look like, and just let him love us.

God loves us even when we miss the point to, when we are too stuck on ourselves to see how great he really is. His love is still steadfast. In chapter 29 of the book of Job, Job really misses the mark. He vaguely acknowledges God at the start of the chapter, but then uses a sickening amount of first person pronouns, claiming credit for all the great things in his life. He failed to see that God had choose to use him in that way, just like God was choosing to use his current situation. Too many times we are like Job. Claiming credit for things that God has done, but God still loves us. 

"O give thanks to the Lord, for he is good, for his steadfast love endures forever."