About Me

My photo
My heart beats for love. I want to be different. I want to be who I am called to be. WORTHY and LOVED!

Sunday, January 6, 2008

Let's Talk About Worship

 I just got back from a conference where I had an opportunity to present on God's calling in each of our lives. My favorite speaker was by far Ed Zeiters, who used to be the president of United Theological Seminary in Ohio. I just really feel the need to share with you some of the things that he said, because it was that powerful.

   ~ Each human life always effects human history. There is no middle ground. We either effect the world for good or for evil. That's sort of a scary thought isn't it? That your life is so closely connected to other's that you continually have this domino effect - either for or against God. More scary is the idea that being a Christian doesn't mean you automatically make a positive impact for God. Too many Christians aren't living out the Gospel, aren't giving hope. What type of impact are you making?

~ We are called as Christians to be creatively deviant. Haha. I love this. We are supposed to be trouble wherever we go. Think about Jesus; his message was so radical that it created a stir wherever he went. When we becoming the Gospel for the world we realize that we aren't called to spread the message the same way to every person, hence the creative deviance.  :)

~ The things that Christians are most in danger of losing are faith and zeal. This is why we should never settle for second best, we need to have a disciplined spiritual life, and have to work to change the world the way Christ did - through vulnerability. 

~ We need to work on waiting, yielding, and being still. 

No comments: