About Me

My photo
My heart beats for love. I want to be different. I want to be who I am called to be. WORTHY and LOVED!

Tuesday, December 4, 2007

The Longest Day of My Life

Literally. I left Melbourne at 12:20pm on December 3rd and arrived at LA at 7:30am on December 3rd after 14 hours on a plane. Oh the many wonders of the international date line. And now its 2am on the 4th and I'm running on low, but still present energy.

I think today could have been my most horrific airplane experienceS (notice the plural nature) ever. I think I met every flight just as it was boarding and that was after pulling some stellar moves before getting on the last flight to Pittsburgh. I was the first person out the door and just ran.

Then at Pitt there was so much ice on the runway and it took a little longer then planned to get home, but I'm here now.

I think this day was also long because I had to probably say the hardest goodbye of my life. Period. It's so hard to let go of someone who has played such a large role in your life over the past two years. It's this balancing act between knowing that goodbye isn't the end and knowing that things have to change. But I guess in a way its a test and that bonds of love aren't really ever broken by such changes, however, it doesn't really add much comfort to the pain.

No comments: