About Me

My photo
My heart beats for love. I want to be different. I want to be who I am called to be. WORTHY and LOVED!

Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Part one of two

Two short updates. I don’t know if I’ll post them both at once, but here we go.

1.) I’ve been feeling very lonely lately and disconnected. It’s actually a feeling I’ve been battling all summer. It sort of came to a head on Tuesday (if you need more details ask, but let’s just say it was rough) and I’m left feeling very disoriented. Prayer would be fantastic. Fantastic.

Sadly, we have had very little contact with Kingsely students. Three of my four classes are void of Australians other then the prof. Which is frustrating. It’s less as if we are crossing cultures and more like we are just importing American culture into Australia. But today, I was talking about Post Modernism in the computer lab and Shannon, one of the Kingsley students and I began to talk. It didn’t take us long to see that we had a lot of similar interests and personality quarks, so she invited me over for tea. I left about two hours later after talking to her and another student, Coco, about everything and anything, from ministry to life to differences in learning styles. It was refreshing. I’ve missed talking. I know that sounds funny. But I do. I’ve kept silent about a lot of things while I’ve been here and it’s part of the reason I’ve been feeling cramped. So it was nice to expand my horizons to talk to new people. As an added bonus, they are staying here during break so Shane and I will get to spend time with them. :o) Yeah!
Update two to come at a later time.

No comments: