About Me

My photo
My heart beats for love. I want to be different. I want to be who I am called to be. WORTHY and LOVED!

Saturday, May 19, 2007

Character of Christ

As I was driving to Church today the car in front of me edged out of their lane and firmly placed themselves in the center of the right lane. I moved up to where they had previously been and prepared to turn at the next intersection. Then the car in front of me suddenly swerved back into the lane right where I was. And I swore. Keep in mind this is something that I rarely ever do. However, when a car almost side swiped me it came out.

And as I turned at my intersection, I was struck with a thought. In Spiritual Formations we have been discuss how 'What Would Jesus Do' is an irrelevant question. It just puts in the mind set to act like Jesus would in certain situations instead of discipling us to have the character of Jesus. We are not to make decisions like Christ, we are supposed to LIVE like Christ lived and then make decisions out of the character of Christ.

So the thought I had was, what would happen if Jesus lived today? What would his character look like? Would it be the same? For if he is God, he doesn't change. So therefore, even in fast paced society of almost getting hit by cars, Christ would have still been who he is. If this is true, then I should be able to have his character in today's society? What should my character look like?

No comments: