About Me

My photo
My heart beats for love. I want to be different. I want to be who I am called to be. WORTHY and LOVED!

Saturday, March 3, 2007

When we cry for our neighbor...

“Kids themselves from sweatshops came to speak. I listened as a child from Indonesia stood to share and pointed to the giant scar on his face. “I got this scar when my master lashed me for not working hard enough. When it began to bleed, he did not want me to stop working or to ruin the cloth in front of me, so he took a lighter and burned it shut. I got this making stuff for you.”
Have you ever took time to actually think about the cost of what you buy? Is it really worth this? Can you be happy about what you bought if it caused this? Are we really THAT self-centered. I pray that we aren't.
http://www.sweatshopwatch.org/
http://www.coopamerica.org/programs/rs/index.cfm - what are YOU buying that causes children to suffer?

“Some of us have spent so much time fighting what we are against that we can barely remember what we are for.”

But maybe this is okay. I really go back and forth. We all desire to describe ourselves as what we are but maybe when we describe ourselves as what we are not it's enough. Maybe distancing ourselves from what we are not is enough to set us apart and motivate us to live life.

"Who will stand and rise against injustice?Take up the cause of the unwanted ones?Who will stand to fight against us?We live, we fightWe live, we dieWe fight for love"
- Disciple - 'Fight for Love'

No comments: