About Me

My photo
My heart beats for love. I want to be different. I want to be who I am called to be. WORTHY and LOVED!

Friday, March 2, 2007

Love our enemies

“The more passionately we love our enemies, the more evil will diminish.”
One of the haunting questions in society is always, 'Why is there so much evil?' What's sad is that the average person doesn't even realize how much evil there really is. They don't know about human genocide or people who go to war over water sources. They just know what they see in front of them.
Even so, there is still an overwhelming amount of evil. But my question is how much of this evil do we create? This was very convicting for me. I do not love ALL my neighbors. Yes, I am passionate about most people but there are still some people who really get underneath my skin. Some I have justifiable reasons for disliking but others I don't even know...But by disliking that person am I just perpetuating the cycle of evil in the world? If a place in my heart burns against someone, isn't that a place that is blocking out God? And when I block out God and dislike this person it's really like I am shouting at God "Hey, you screwed up on THIS one". How untrue! God cannot screw up and he does not botch up. He has created us each as individual masterpieces. I need to look for God's workmanship inside each person I see. When I find that piece of God I need to claim and affirm it. For when I see God I can no longer hate or even dislike.
This does not mean that I am to be everyone's best friend, but I at least need to respect who God has made them to be. When we start looking for and finding God's fingerprints on the soul of others, seeing them as children of God, evil MUST diminish.

“Never forget that you are beautiful, just like everyone else. And never forget that you are a fool, just like everyone else.”

Where did Christians get this idea that disliking themselves is Biblical? And further then that where did they get the idea that they need to punish themselves in order to be acceptable to God? So much of the brokenness in the world comes from society telling us that we are not good enough and CHRISTIANS claiming that just like everyone else only trying to put a Biblical spin on it. Aren't we called to be different and not be defined by the world. We need to start looking each other in the eye and telling them that they are beautiful children of God and that we love them, faults and all. It's time to redefine ourselves by who we really are and who created us. Because just as it is wrong to tell God that he screwed up on someone else it is equally as wrong to tell God that he screwed up on you and that you are just not good enough,

No comments: