About Me

My photo
My heart beats for love. I want to be different. I want to be who I am called to be. WORTHY and LOVED!

Saturday, February 24, 2007

Worship

Last night Cate and I went to go see Tomlin and Redman in concert. Wow. First off, it was a little over four hours long, which is amazing in itself. But more then that I love Chris Tomlin because he is authentic in his worship and you can tell that his heart cries for the church to worship God. It's nothing short of beautiful.


I've been pretty sick this past week. Starting Tuesday I had intense nausea, wed and Thursday I lost my voice, and Friday I had a fever. Woohoo! Anyway, it was hard for me to sing. But sing I did, at least for the first half of the concert. Then I was completely exhausted and just sat and took it all in for the second half. Do you have any idea how beautiful it is to watch hundreds of people worship God together yet separately?


For the past year at school there have been some people talking about how we need to become less individualistic in our worship to God. I don't know how I feel about that. Because when we worship as individuals we have the opportunity to express in our own unique way to God what we are feeling towards him. I do think that we need to realize that we are a member of the larger Church and that we are never alone in our worship, which is beautiful to God, but I don't think we should diminish our personal expression to God. Part of the beauty in evening was during the second half of the evening when I scanned the building: to my left people were sitting and praying, to my right people were raising their hands, down front was a huge pit of people just going crazy for God, and then down front to the right there was one man just prostrate on his knees before God and a young woman dancing freely in the corner. This is worship. There is no set design for it is all beautiful to the Creator.


The theme of the evening was "How Great is our God" and there was a message. The message started by describing how vast God is and how big stars are and he know each of them by name. Then how small our earth is, yet he created it. Then how tiny we are in comparison to all of that, yet God fashioned each of us perfectly in our mother's womb and hears us when we cry. Then this really hit me at the end of the sermon:


This is the protein Laminine. This is what holds every part of our being together. Familiar in shape? So really the cross does hold every piece of our lives together. And God clings to us even when we do not cling to him.

1 comment:

Love said...

That's pretty amazing. I love you Michelle. Feel better soon. I'm glad you had a wonderful time at the concert. :-) God bless