About Me

My photo
My heart beats for love. I want to be different. I want to be who I am called to be. WORTHY and LOVED!

Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Dangerous Ideas

I was told last night that I like to create controversy. Especially in classes. I don't think that's true. I think that I just have an opinion that is different from most people and that it can get me into trouble if I don't monitor myself. Really, I think people should be impressed by how much I do contain my thoughts. I know full well that if I said everything that I thought, I wouldn't be here.

Today in cults I had one of the moments where I only half shared my thoughts, but I guess that was enough. We were studying this cult that is about love and making people unified in one love. While there are many teachings branching out of this, unifying love is the chief center. There were some people in the class that were ragging on the cult and I just blurted out what I was thinking. How bad could it be? There were only two minutes left. All I said was that this cult fulfilled a need that people are searching for - love and community - that the church has promised but hasn't fulfilled. I didn't think it was that bad until someone from Cults came up to me after class.

I leave you with a thought from an email that I received yesterday about the word dangerous when it applies to people:

"If you mean "dangerous" to be "changing the status quo", then you are far more dangerous because people will listen and respond to you and be forced to think about what you want to say, whether they want to or not (like me), and there's a good good chance that the community will change because of that."

No comments: