About Me

My photo
My heart beats for love. I want to be different. I want to be who I am called to be. WORTHY and LOVED!

Monday, December 11, 2017

While We Wait: Favored Matthew 1:18-25

     Jospeh had an active role to play in preparing the way for the coming of the Lord. While some may look at scripture and say that we never really see Joseph acting, I would disagree. I think we see Joseph acting in his choices - his choice to still take Mary as his bride. The choice to not listen to what the neighbors were whispering. The choice to follow God, wherever God may lead.
    We, too, have an active role in preparing for the Lord. But we must prepare on God's terms and not our own. If Joseph would have chosen to ignore the dream he had, he would have been going about life on his own terms. We need to be careful to make sure that our preparations, especially this season, are truly about Jesus's will be done, so that God can break into our hearts and our world, so that others may come to know the love of Savior. How are you preparing your heart for the coming of the King?

No comments: