About Me

My photo
My heart beats for love. I want to be different. I want to be who I am called to be. WORTHY and LOVED!

Monday, September 5, 2016

#healthypastor - Let's Get Moving

    My secretary told me one day that she judges whether I'm home or not by if my car is in the carport. I told her that probably isn't the best indicator because I try to walk as many places as I can. If a shut in lives near me, I walk to visit them. I walk to the library. I walk downtown.
     We need to get moving again. Our bodies aren't made to stay in one place, yet all too often that is what we do every day. We sit at a desk for countless hours, getting up only to move a few steps. This is why I really like Fitbit's idea to get folks moving 250 steps every hour. At least get up and get moving. And once we are moving, our bodies don't really want to stop.
   What are some small changes you can make each day to get yourself up and moving again? What is your step goal for the day? How are you going to get there? What are some of the places you drive to that you can easily walk to? Let's get moving.

No comments: