About Me

My photo
My heart beats for love. I want to be different. I want to be who I am called to be. WORTHY and LOVED!

Saturday, June 11, 2016

Truly Listening

   Sometimes I wish we could truly listen to one another. Stop all of the commentary going on in our heads and set aside our assumptions and truly listen. At conference there was a beautiful resolution that came forth from all three conferences in PA to support healthcare for all children, especially undocumented workers children who cannot currently enroll in CHIP.
   But we made it ugly with some thoughts put into words. One asked, can you define undocumented? Does that mean illegal aliens? Another opposed because our pastors and spouses do not currently have dental, so why would we offer others healthcare? Still another wanted the responsibility to go to the local church and not the state.
  Lord, forgive us.
  Some stood up and quoted scripture about why we need to love and support all of your children. Others pointed out the healthcare for all resolution in the UMC.
  It was like we talked right past one another.
  Lord, forgive us.
  Thankfully this resolution passed, but I still feel we need to repent for not listening. Repent for not seeing the beauty of the moment. Lord, forgive us, and help us listen not just to one another, but to the movement of your Spirit.

No comments: