About Me

My photo
My heart beats for love. I want to be different. I want to be who I am called to be. WORTHY and LOVED!

Saturday, September 12, 2015

Three Part Birthdays

   It was my birthday last Sunday - 29. I've been using the time surrounding my birthday to really think - think about past birthdays, think about where I've been the past year, and dream about where I want to be.
   This past year has been hard. There were struggles at my appointment, almost immediately occurring after July 1, the start of a new year together. I had a lot of health struggles, that took almost six months to diagnosis. In short, 28 was not necessarily a good year. But 28 was also a learning year, really discovering the power of family, especially after taking an appointment closer to home starting in 2015 and also discovering what it truly means to be a friend.
   When I look at 29, I see a lot of possibilities that excite me. Opportunities that are opening up in the community I work in. Meeting new people and dreaming new dreams. I want to carry what I learned from 28, about self-care and self-worth and pacing, into 29.
   This year my birthday celebration, on top of being reflective, has also been pretty standard. There was one part where I was able to celebrate with my family. One part where I traveled to celebrate with a dear friend. And another part that was filled with people who didn't notice, which is okay. In so many ways birthdays are both like every other day and are special as well. What are your favorite birthday traditions and ways to reflect on time?

No comments: