About Me

My photo
My heart beats for love. I want to be different. I want to be who I am called to be. WORTHY and LOVED!

Wednesday, August 26, 2015

An Open Letter

Dear Director of Ministry Placement, 

It struck me today that I should tell you how I am doing. I am now in my fifth year of full time ministry and sixth year of serving churches. I have been thinking a lot lately how you said I would never pass the three year mark. That I wasn't cut out to be a pastor. That I was too much of a wanderer. 

You may not know it, but I considered dropping out of seminary because of your words. It took two deans who were also your bosses to talk me out of it. And I am so glad that I didn't let your words become truth in my life or poison me. 

I love my job more and more each day. I cannot imagine doing anything else. I see my gifts and graces being put to amazing use by God. 

I guess what I am writing to say is please watch your words. I know you didn't want that position. I know that it was only temporary. But your anger almost drove me not to follow my calling. Watch what you say so that your perception of truth doesn't block out God's Truth for the people around you. 

Many blessings on your ministerial journey.

A fellow Elder. 

No comments: