About Me

My photo
My heart beats for love. I want to be different. I want to be who I am called to be. WORTHY and LOVED!

Saturday, April 18, 2015

Words that Divide

It never ceases to amaze me how careless we can all before time to time with our words. The lack of thought that goes into what we say can often cause division, even if we mean our words to unite.

Recently I was at a conference where people self-identified with titles such as "Conservative", "Progressive", "Liberal", "Fundamentalist". While these words were meant to rally like minded people, all I could wonder was what happened to the more basic levels of unity such as "human" or the in the case of this conference "Christian"?

We truly need to start thinking in terms of what unites us instead of what divides us, because honestly, there is a lot more in the first category than the later.

No comments: